EC1 Partners is supporting a leading NYC Hedge Fund, in their search for a Senior SRE/DevOps Engineer to join its Systems group. This individual will work with engineers in the Systems and Quant Systems groups to provide tier-2 operational support for the firm's IT infrastructure. The environment includes an interdependent combination of Linux and Windows servers, Windows desktops, mobile devices, and high-performance data and storage networks.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must be based in New York and have previous buy-side experience in order to be considered for this position.
What you will be doing
The engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing new systems and services in the areas of infrastructure monitoring, configuration management, and automation. Additional responsibilities include upgrading and/or re-designing existing infrastructure for improved performance and stability.
What you will bring
- Bachelors degree in computer science (or another technical discipline) or comparable work experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows and/or Linux OS and networking fundamentals, experience with low-level debugging (such as process and packet tracing), strong programming and scripting ability, and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent networking, tooling, and automation skills
- Strong scripting experience with Python or PowerShell
- Previous experience with the design and end-to-end implementation of performant, reliable, and secure infrastructure systems is essential, as are superb troubleshooting capabilities and experience with diagnostic/tracing tools.
- Deep understanding of AWS or Azure cloud design best practices
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Extensive experience with Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience operating/deploying/supporting Kubernetes
- Experience managing Docker and container deployments
- Experience creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Working knowledge of core infrastructure technologies such as DNS, DHCP, and Kerberos.
- Working knowledge of Windows, network protocols, information security concepts, databases, and large-scale storage is preferred.
- Experience with enterprise storage and/or market data networks