EC1 Partners is supporting a leading NYC Hedge Fund, in their search for a Systems Engineer proficient in networking technologies to join its Infrastructure Engineering team. This is a hands-on technical role within a cross-platform engineering team responsible for core technology infrastructure. PLEASE NOTE: Applicants must have a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science from a top tier university in order to be considered.
What you will do
Infrastructure Engineering designs and maintains the firm's operating systems, authentication systems, databases, virtualization infrastructure, core network services, and messaging and endpoints on Windows and Linux in both their internal- and external-facing environments. You will be tasked with the design, implementation, and integration of infrastructure systems, particularly—but not exclusively—on network devices, protocols, and systems that underpin our infrastructure.
What you bring
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- CCNA or CCNP certification
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java (or similar languages)
- Knowledge of networking devices (e.g., Cisco, Palo Alto, or other similar vendors), protocols, systems, tooling, and automation (e.g., using Python or other open source/vendor products)
- Detailed knowledge of network (BGP, OSPF), transport (TCP, UDP) and application layer protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP).
- Experience with Cisco (Routing, L3 and L2 switching, Firewalling (FWSM, PIX and ASA) and VPN(Site-to-Site IPSec)
- Knowledge of security principles and security technologies such as Firewalls, Proxies, IDS/IPS, and Network Access ControlPrevious experience with the design and end-to-end implementation of performant, reliable and secure network systems
- Troubleshooting capabilities and experience with diagnostic/tracing tools on both endpoint devices (e.g., Linux and/or Windows) and vendor network devices.
- Familiarity with common enterprise and datacenter networking devices and security or management tools is preferred nut is not required
- Knowledge of software-defined networking protocols and solutions is preferred but is not required.
Interested? Apply now to send us your CV today.