EC1 Partners is supporting a global Hedge Fund based in New York, in their search for an Azure Cloud Architect. We are looking for an Microsoft-Professional Certified cloud architect to serve as a subject matter expert for engineers across the department as it relates to Microsoft services and architecture design and configuration. A successful candidate will be a highly skilled individual who has a proven track record of architecting large, complex Microsoft services and takes pride in bringing high-quality solutions quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies across stacks, values collaboration and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management required
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud) required
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Extensive experience with cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management)
- Strong scripting experience with PowerShell
- Experience with Azure AD and O365 platform,
- Engineering experience with Citrix and/or VMWare VDI environment
- Container orchestration experience (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry)
- Hands on experience with continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet);
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, PHP, Python, Ruby
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence tools including cognitive services
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS)
- Experience with scalable architectures using serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Understanding of software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub)
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred