My Client provides market data services to global capital markets community by providing exceptional managed infrastructure solutions. They support their clients through full trading lifecycle. They are a global company headquartered in New York, with offices in Chicago, London, Singapore and Tokyo.
What you will be doing
- Provide support service that ensure Clients' infrastructure services are running to their optimum performance and that all departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met
- Ensure stability of all Clients System Services.
- Deliver an outstanding level of service to your Customer base
- Interface with vendors, market participants, and financial exchanges
- Display integrity and honesty in all that you do.
- Foster open communication between team members, peer team members, and managers to bring forward ideas on how they can collectively deliver a more effective service
- Maximizing availability of Clients infrastructure through continuous improvement and proactive, preventative maintenance
What you bring
- Computer Science / applicable degree, or equivalent work experience is required
- 4 - 8 years of experience in an operational environment
- At least 4 years of operational experience in physical and logical server platforms
- At least 2 years of direct experience with ITIL or another similar best-practice governance model
- Experience in a financial industry support role preferred
- Self-starter with a drive to develop own skills and knowledge
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Experience with HP, Dell and/or Lenovo hardware and relevant systems management software
- Experience supporting JVM/.Net based applications
- Experience scripting in Bash, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Experience monitoring and troubleshooting server capacity (CPU load, disk space, memory contention, network I/O)