EC1 are working with a leading global business that provides services and software for the global financial markets. This tech savvy business offers a diverse range of complex solutions to institutional customers across the Sell Side and Buy Side. The company is looking to expand its footprint across Asia Pacific, focusing specifically on Hedge Funds, Asset Managers, Institutional Investors, Pensions Funds and Private Equity firms, and Private Banks.
My client is looking to recruit an experienced manager for the role of Head of Market Development for APAC for the business. The role will be based in Singapore. This is an exciting role, which combines business development, strategy and general management with a high level of autonomy, responsibility and accountability for revenue performance. It will involve significant external engagement and a strong connection to the APAC financial community.
The role is responsible for driving all aspects of the Finance Data business and strategy in the region and will report directly to the Managing Director for Asia and lead a cross-functional and highly performing team in the APAC region.
The Market Development organization plays a key role in setting the overall Financial Go-to-market strategy in Asia. You will be responsible for Marketing, GTM Strategy, Business Development, Driving Growth Opportunities and maintaining existing business.
• Drive the overall Finance& Risk revenue performance in APAC
• Ensure delivery of the business priorities and local go-to-market strategy, including building the appropriate team structure and skills.
• Manage a team of Market Development professionals based across Asia including development and retention of top and high-potential talent
• Partner with the Head of Sales for APAC to deliver and drive an effective Sales organisation
• Identify, develop and launch growth opportunities in the region
• Lead large customer negotiations
• Provide voice of the customer feedback to the Design and Product teams, suggesting and collaborating on business cases, partnerships and opportunities where appropriate
• Drive Thought Leadership, industry memberships and external branding and events
• Connect regularly with stakeholders from other parts of the business to convey local needs and execute global business plans
• Partner with the APAC and Asia regional marketing team to build differentiated marketing initiatives for the APAC market.
Knowledge and requirements
• 7 years+ commercial/business development/management experience
• Understanding of financial services industry in APAC – preferably working in a financial services vendor/customer environment
• Understanding of the financial tools used by finance professionals (Pricing, Data, Reference Data, Desktops, Data technology infrastructure)
• General management experience, with a sales and/or market development focus
• Experience managing and operating in a matrix organisation, including stakeholder engagement and influencing management
• Proactive and extremely execution focussed
• Hungry for career development and advancement
• B2B sales experience/exposure a plus
If you are interested and feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please send your CV. Alternatively you can contact me directly on +65 6812 7860 or firstname.lastname@example.org