My Client is onel of the largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, they provide leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community - driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime
What you will do
- Act as point person in Asia-Pac on important thematic policy areas impacting the business with strategic and tactical recommendations. This includes:
- Financial services regulatory developments at the global, regional or national level
- AML/CTF policies and regulatory developments
- Data legislation affecting financial services, including data localization issues
- Sustainable finance policy and advocacy
- Policies affecting technology development like cloud, artificial intelligence and electronic trading platforms.
- Be a spokesperson for the business in engaging government and influencing the stakeholders in Asia-Pac on data topics
What you bring
- 5-8 years+ experience working directly with Government departments, regulators and agencies in Asia-Pac region. This includes central banks, securities regulators, data privacy offices and industry association.
- Strong preference for experience with financial data industry and financial data management
- Understanding of and relationships with Central Banks and Ministries of Finance in the region including both mature financial markets (e.g. Singapore, Japan, Australia) and emerging markets (e.g. Malaysia, Indonesia, India).
- Understanding of the regulation and licensing requirements within the region for technology and financial services businesses including securities, brokerage, asset management, wealth management and financial data
- Experience in a regulator, government or trade body favourable
In return, you will benefit from:
- A highly competitive base salary with good earning potential
- Benefits including 28 days holiday, private healthcare etc
- Time and investment in your training, plus clear career progression.
Reach out to Shahbaz khan on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.