Looking to use your experience in an exciting commercial enterprise with a social mandate? Our client operates within the Fintech space, and are looking for a VP of Fundraising. This role is expected to make a major contribution to strategy, operations and fund-raising efforts. They will be a member of the Executive Management team and will report directly to the CEO.
· Develop a fundraising strategy (including forecasts, pitch materials, models etc.) for raising a Series “A” round from private investors by end of 2020. Investors are particularly interested in recruiting a professional that can bring strategic vision to life through a financial narrative that can leverage the different business components of business architecture.
· Provides leadership in the development of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
· Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
· Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies.
· Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
· Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
· Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
Ideal Professional Experience
· Demonstrated experience in raising funds for early stage enterprises preferably in financial intermediation (preferably insurance related) and/or fintech, and preferably with an impact angle.
· Demonstrated experience managing asset/liabilities and capital positions, in the context of early-stage/high growth companies.
· Strong leadership background on risk management of risk-taking functions within the financial sector, including traditional insurance portfolios, derivative books or asset management portfolios.
“Nice to Have” Professional Experience
· Experience in raising funds for impact investments initiatives, financial intermediation (preferably insurance related) and fintech.
· Understanding of the insurance and re-insurance sector.
· Accountancy qualification.