My client is a global trading platform, this role sits within Equities in Trading System Support. The team is responsible for providing first and second line technical support in the trading environment. As part of the Trading Support team, you are expected to be highly motivated, able to interact with internal and external clients, have excellent attention to detail and work within a high pressured environment.
· Client focus.
· Ability to work well under pressure with a true sense of urgency.
· Good teamwork skills.
· Ability to build solid relationships.
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Ability to display a technical & numerate skill set with the capability to understand issues and seek appropriate resolution in the best interest of the client and the firm.
· Understanding of common institutional trading practices, especially in conjunction with connectivity and electronic trading.
· Conceptual understanding of the European securities markets and structure.
· Extremely proactive and attentive to business-critical issues.
· Technically sound (Unix and FIX 4.2/4.4) with the ability to explain complex methodologies and workflows concisely.
· The candidate should welcome a challenge, embrace change, be creative, work well under tight deadlines, and thrive in a team-oriented, results-oriented environment
Key skills and responsibilities
· To provide exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.
· Problem ownership, from incident to resolution.
· Working closely with development, business and key stake holders to deploy upgrades and enhancements into test/production environments.
· System checks, proactive alert monitoring
· In depth knowledge of Exchange connectivity and market data (feeds/protocols).
· Exposure to low Latency high frequency trading environments (co-locations)
· In-depth Fix 4.0-4.4 raw message knowledge essential
· Support of Smart Order Routing
· Understanding of equities, symbology and order flow
· Technical strengths would include the ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of Unix/Linux, as well as the proficient use of a scripting language and preferably demonstrable competence in at least one dynamic programming language e.g. Perl or Python
· Exposure to revision control software