Systems Support Engineer
£50,000 - £70,000
£50k -£70k + bonus
My client is a leading systematic and quantitative hedge fund, with a focus on the Equities market.
They are looking for a Production Engineer to build and support the trading environment/platform. Your role will be to monitor and manage the trading platforms to ensure operational stability is maintained, and to provide intervention when necessary. You will be making judgement decisions as to how best bring issues back into line. When not dealing with operational issues, you will work closely with the team to improve the trading platforms and monitoring to attempt to better detect repeating issues.
We would expect you to have most of the following skills or attributes:
• Strong academic background in a highly numerate subject
• Linux shell scripting, log file querying
• Ad-hoc SQL query writing for investigation
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
• Ability to prioritise issues in a fast-paced environment
• Comfortable dealing with urgent issues
• Desire to improve existing practises
• Extensive experience supporting a distributed high frequency, low latency order management systems.
It would be a bonus if you have any of these skills:
• Python, Bash scripting
• Experience supporting complex software environments
• Market trading experience
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send through your CV. Alternatively you can reach me on 02075539371 or email@example.com