EC1 is working for a leading SaaS company that provides critical foreign exchange services to its global client base. Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join their global technology team. Located very close to Liverpool Street Station this is a great opportunity to manage and maintain the infrastructure environment.
As the Senior Network Engineer, you will report to the Head of Infrastructure. You will be responsible for supporting the Electronic Communication Network (ECN) as well as the Alternative Trading Systems (ATS). You will ideally have experience supporting the connectivity of trading environments as well as supporting data centres (Equinix).
To be considered for the Senior Network Engineer position you will have the following skills and experience:
· Responsible for new client network connectivity, manage and troubleshoot the existing environments, and conduct routine maintenance of switches and firewalls
· Strong experience managing, maintaining, and optimising data networks
· Working knowledge of xconnect connectivity in Equinix data centres
· Working knowledge of Linux network environments
· Technical requirements: Arista switching, Fortinet firewalls, Linux, basic Python and shell scripting
Working closely with the wider development and operations team this is a great opportunity to really focus on the continues improvement of the network environment with additional focus on storage and other projects moving forward. If you are passionate about supporting mission-critical trading systems. In return, you will enjoy a competitive benefits package and be trusted and empowered to make decisions.