Our client is a leading Global player in the Fintech market, providing open platforms, applications APIs and access to real time trading data.
· Requirements, definition and analysis covering content and feature additions to the core search service.
· Ownership of the Search apps and services used within the product and beyond.
· Key contact for content issues and queries and main liaison with content organization.
· Responsibility for key parts of the overall relevancy improvement programme for the Search product, to include:
· Develop and analyse statistical reports showing precision & recall, click through and bounce rates and mean reciprocal rank
· Closely investigate areas where precision is poor and identify the action needed to resolve the issues
· Identify content issues that affect search relevancy and precision. Collaborate with the content teams to improve the content.
· Work with the Search development teams to develop increasingly sophisticated relevancy solutions
· Maintain rank rules that determine the order in which content is returned
· Look after the definitions that drive the keywords used in Search to match results
· Maintain query boosts and prescribed results that override search results and ranks
· Own the linguistics tools and synonym definitions used in the system.
· Analyse usage statistics and help desk logs to identify common customer issues and opportunities to improve the search service.
· Ensure that operations and development teams maintain 100% system availability.
· Educated to degree level either in a technical or business-focused discipline
· A good understanding of information retrieval and search engines and relevancy metrics
· Knowledge of SQL, database and search query tools, Big Data, Web Services
· API Design, JSON, XML
· Thorough experience with agile methodologies
· A good understanding of the financial markets
· The ability to communicate confidently with technologists, content specialists and business people.
· Strong analytical skills will be extremely important in this role.ear
· Some experience or exposure to data modelling would be an advantage