Product Manager, Platform API
Are you looking to work in a dynamic environment with a market leader? This is an opportunity to work with a leading financial technology provider in a senior Product Manager role shaping their strategy around platform APIs gateway and access.
What you will be doing
- Create the Platform API vision, strategy and execution plan to enable programmatic and standard capabilities for various uses cases and critical distribution services
- Work with proposition/product teams to understand how product specific requirements shape and drive the API strategy
- Partner with the rest of the Product & Content organization in delivering on its strategic priorities
- Engage directly with external customers and partners to validate and promote our API strategy
- Engage with the Sales/Proposition and business teams to support pre/post sales activities involving the Platform and APIs, as well as presenting at large scale industry events
- Create detailed requirements for the core web and native APIs and manage delivery through close collaboration with development teams
- Create, maintain and publish internal and external product roadmaps, as well as report roadmap progress to stakeholders
- Take a hands-on approach to evaluating and testing APIs
- Research and monitor industry trends in the API space to ensure the company is ahead of the curve
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to manage the governance on API build and management, including defining key standard processes, for example APIs release management
- Work closely with a cross functional team varying from Proposition leads to influence and execute upon short, medium and long term product strategy to Technology leads to incorporate the best architecture approach to deliver against the product strategy.
- Working across the peer group of Product Managers to understand the respective roadmaps and strategies and how this influences the API strategy and approach.
What you will bring
- A technology background in development or architecture
- A deep understanding of common API technologies and concepts including market leading API management platforms
- Extensive experience in product development/management, with API technologies, demonstrating experience in product definition and launch management and proven ability to translate the product vision/strategy into clear priorities and direction
- Strong influencing skills, able to flourish in a matrix environment
- Experience of working closely with Agile development teams, particularly in the product owner role
- Proven track record of launching and supporting software products
- Ability to drive a direct and indirect team to execute product strategy
- Superior client engagement skills, including ability to build and manage client relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to grasp and articulate technical, financial and conceptual ideas.
- Strong project management, analytical, and prioritization skills
- Solid understanding of financial markets
- Highly collaborative and enjoys working and delivering results through teams
- Ability to evaluate industry innovation and technology platforms
- University degree required
In return you will benefit from:
- A highly competitive base salary plus bonus with fantastic earning potential
- Strong benefits package, including pension, private healthcare, insurance etc.
- Working in a diverse, equal-opportunities, and vibrant Global business.
We are in the process of shortlisting CVs for this role, send us your CV today to be considered