Our client is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing expertise on financial and tax planning, and multi-product financial planning solutions for our clients in a digitalised way.
They are looking for a Head of Platform and Proposition to support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Wealth Management function, so it can be a market-leading, retirement-led platform provider offering a holistic approach to Retirement Income, Tax and Estate Planning to the UK Wealth Advisory market.
The Head of Platform and Proposition is responsible for identifying and developing opportunities for growth focused commercial strategy, ensuring profitable business growth and that commercial success is achieved, including but not limited to all aspects of the platform customer lifecycle, product selection and pricing, investment proposition, and owner of the relationship with the Simplified Platform IS team. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for leading and directing the development of the overall platform and investment proposition for the Wealth Management business division to meet the needs of all our customers and stakeholders. Grow the product/propositions portfolio by working with key stakeholders across the organisation and third parties as required.
What you’ll do:
Lead, develop and execute all forward looking strategies for the platform proposition to optimise strengths and opportunities and mitigate weaknesses and threats to the Wealth Management business line.
Responsible for commissioning via Marketing of regular and ad-hoc structured market insight and research to identify opportunities, understand competitor positioning and test new products.
Lead the development of new and/or updated propositions, working closely with the product actuarial team, investment team, other areas of the Wealth Management business and 3rd parties as required in the design and specification of new/enhanced funds/products/services.
Develop and maintain the evaluation, development and continuous quality assurance of frameworks to ensure: Customer facing literature remains relevant, up-to-date and compliant, the product lifecycle from conceptualisation, through ongoing maintenance, to product closedown remains relevant, up-to-date and compliant.
Sponsor the delivery of all Platform Proposition strategy related projects, aligning with the project delivery methodology of the project portfolio.
Responsible for pricing all products of the Wealth Management business line which includes: Management of the production and review of regular pricing reports in accordance with standards and policies, pricing review of existing products open to new business, liaising with corporate actuarial and risk function to ensure appropriate oversight takes place and is evidenced, management of the development and maintenance of new pricing models in accordance with the Technical Actuarial Standards (where relevant) and End User Computing.
Who you are:
• Senior level experience of the Wealth Management market operating at CEO level
• Experience in strategic planning
• Strong track record in change management roles
• A natural leader and a catalyst of change and improvement
• A visible leader within the company that embraces, drives and encourages change
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation skills and ability to address the whole company face-to-face
• Creative and flexible in their approach to work
• Able to deliver a high standard of service and output, and sets similar expectations and standards of those they manage
• Strong analytical skills - ability to use, interpret and develop meaningful data
• Ability to balance tactical and strategic demands
• Collaboration and facilitation skills
• Able to innovate and create propositions that can compete effectively in the market place.
• Client value – understands and is able to tailor and meet the ‘added value’ needs of the adviser and end customer.
• Technical ability – demonstrates commitment to develop and extend technical knowledge and skills.
• Strong network of executive stakeholders in the market
• Strong credibility in the Retirement Income market place